200 kbps

• Problem
  • Updated 2 days ago
This is the start of my fourth week of 200 kbps. I had an appointment last Monday, the tech was a no show. Then I had an appointment the next day. This technician showed up. He replaced the tria, checked the wires to make sure none were kinked. Checked the concentricity of the reflector. Everything was good. He tried to replace the modem but ran into a problem where he could not get the new modem activated to my account. He left at 10pm without replacing the modem. I still have 200kbps speed. You need to fix this. I am tired of talking with your "Sales support" I have sent emails to viasatlistens. They just want me to reboot the damn modem. That is not fixing the problem.

I am paying for gold tier service. My plan month started on the 24th of Aug. There are currently 9 days left in this service month. I have a limit of 100 GB. I have used 20.2GB of data.
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • ripped off

Posted 3 days ago

Photo of Allen Taylor

Allen Taylor

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, I have been having the same issues....down to less than .1 Mbps and no one knows why......this is an on going issue with Viasat...Even with this extremely slow speed, they say I have used 8.6 gb of my 25 in three days while only watching football today...... I still can't believe they haven't had a class action suit against them yet.....
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 303 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
The technician left without fixing the problem? Did he schedule another appointment to come back?
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
No new appointment. He couldn't get Tech support to help him. They just kept telling him to reboot the modem. I think I've heard that somewhere before.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 303 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Then the technician failed his job. Contact Brad or Diana on this forum and let them know your issue. They will get someone out there to take care of the problem. Sounds like you either have an alignment problem or a hardware problem.
Photo of Brian Coverstone

Brian Coverstone

• 17 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Every tech at Viasat fails their job.  I have yet to speak to someone competent.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 303 Posts
  • 159 Reply Likes
Not true. Mine did an excellent job and always has.
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3247 Posts
  • 1865 Reply Likes
I assume we are talking Viasat-2? Yea. People seem to continue to report issues with it.
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 11 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes, Viasat2. This is more than a problem. It seems to be a system failure. I'm tired of the "customer support" I have a problem and all they want to do is sell me VOIP. Why would I buy that when I don't have any bandwidth?
Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3247 Posts
  • 1865 Reply Likes
Why would you buy VOIP to begin with?

It is a common tactic among internet providers to use "support" to push and cell product.