150 GB Speed

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
So, I have been using the 150 GB Silver Plan for a couple months. I have exceeded 150 GB this month, so I have seen my speeds slowed down. Speeds as slow as 0.01 Mbps. Well, I feel like I see these speeds slowed down even at the most off-peak times. It is 3:30 AM currently, and I am currently getting speeds at around 1 Mbps. I understand that my packets are not prioritized anymore, and that I should see slower speeds during hours of congestion, but is it really that congested at this time of the night? Sometimes, I will restart my modem, and I will see my speeds temporarily restored and then they eventually go back down. I think my speeds are actually highest in the morning hours of 8 - 10 AM. I've seen my speeds come to a crawl as late as 5 AM.  I guess my beam is just congested around these times too? It just seems a little odd. 
Photo of Timothy James

Timothy James

• 62 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of VeteranSatUser

VeteranSatUser, Champion

• 3072 Posts
  • 1749 Reply Likes
Not at all strange. In the middle of the night a number of users, like myself, still have the free zone. And it is not unusual for people to absolutely hammer their usage then.

Windows 10 updates, downloading games and updates from Steam, downloading movies, etc.

I know I was downloading a number of movies in the middle of the night last night, in 1080p I might add.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1067 Posts
  • 344 Reply Likes
What beam are you on? Yes, I’ve seen multiple reports that after 150GB, speeds become quite unusable.