“You’ll never be a god Viasat”

• Praise
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
I’m getting charged $70 a month for this.

If speeds on average are gonna be this trash charge less. My god for cable I can get 100mbps for 40 dollars infinite data. Where is my calculator this stuff just ain’t adding up. It’s such a rip off. If you have good speeds consistently then your paying 150+ $. Like what the hell. Yet they sell it off as some great thing. And even if I was getting up 12 mbps that’s still a joke for $70. I can’t even do simple stuff like browse on the internet or load emails it’s this bad. It’s just not fair, rural internet users are abused by this corporate slime. Yet you still have people out here sticking up for it.

Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • shut up

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Since when did Viasat claim to be a god?
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Has anyone seen avengers?
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Nope. Not a fan of super hero movies.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1443 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
Same here.  I have never watched one completely.  Never saw Black Panther.  Fell asleep during Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy.  So I don't even waste my time with them.
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1336 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
If you fell asleep during Wonder Woman, then you are obviously past your prime or desperately need glasses. Can Verizon not stream 4K? Some people look ridiculously normal when an eyeball has been trained at 480 and moves to 4K. Gal only gets better with clarity.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
If someone finds a movie boring, it's not going to matter what the star looks like.  
Photo of Bradley

Bradley

• 1336 Posts
  • 436 Reply Likes
Said no red blooded man, ever.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I don't fall asleep during these superhero movies. I just don't find them that good and definitely wouldn't pay money to see them in the theater.
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I don't fall asleep during these superhero movies. I just don't find them that good and definitely wouldn't pay money to see them in the theater.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1443 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
And how many stupid reboots.  Spiderman has been redone what, 3 times now? 

I did watch the Christian Bale Batman movies, but didn't understand all the hype.  Some of Nolan's stuff works for me, other stuff, such as Interstellar, made no sense to me. 
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
I don't care much for superhero movies, though I did like the Dark Knight trilogy with Bale.  I liked it because it was a more gritty, realistic take on a human superhero, rather than the comical Keaton movies, and the nearly camp, awful Kilmer/Clooney films.  I've never read a comic book in my life, but the Bale movies I definitely liked.  
(Edited)
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Im not a "super hero" fan, but I am a movie nut.  A super hero movie is the same as any other, does it hold my interest?  Is it humorous without being moronic?  Good story line?  Good acting?  The biggest problem I see with super hero movies, or ANY movie that is successful at the box office is how fast and how long they continue the franchise.  It seems the more they try to cash in, the more the movies suffer.
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Infinity war is a good one. Great characters
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Infinity war is a good one. Great characters
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2175 Posts
  • 1335 Reply Likes
ViaSat being a god?  Is it the weekend already?  
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
Yep. Looks like the weekend madness is starting early.
Photo of ggg rt

ggg rt

• 193 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
The Godly Contract states that YOU GET WHAT THY GIVE YOU AND SHOULD YOU NOT LIKE IT YOU CAN BE CAST OUT OF THE KINGDOM ...FOR A GODLY PRICE.......

The Kingdom of a Godly operation for sure.

Translated/paraphrased from the VIASAT bible .
(Edited)
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
I can relate to the religious analogy with Viasat providing the road to high speed internet paved with good intentions.  Perhaps in the afterlife we will see true unlimited, high speed internet for our suffering here on Earth, but I can not help but point out that you lack enlightenment.

$150+ a month in penance, does not guarantee you faster speeds, merely more "priority data."   A front row seat in the grandest cathedral allows you comfort, and to see better, and hear better, but doesnt end your suffering my child.  THAT depends on Viasats will.

Keep your faith no matter how rocky the road, and always remember to drop your $70 each month in the collection plate.  (Donations subject to change, please read your contract)

Thank you, and may Viasat bless you.
(Edited)
Photo of steve heller

steve heller

• 104 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
No one should use satellite internet if they could get cable.

On the other hand, in places where there is no cable and no reasonable level of cell service (like where I live), Viasat is about as good as it gets.
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Umm... ya
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
I also live where there are no alternatives to satellite, better or not, but I beg to differ with the comment that "Viasat is about as good as it gets."

Ive been with Wildblue/Exede/Viasat for over 6 years now and there was a time when it WAS better!  Yea it was slow during peak usage, but NOTHING like it is now.  Yea I complained, and for most of those 6 years all I heard was "Things will get better"  "Unlimited is coming soon"  "Viasat 2 will fix EVERYTHING"  Yet it has done nothing but get worse.  Now Viasat 2 is here, and its the worst its ever been.

They took on too many subscribers, not their fault.
There are issues with Viasat 2, not their fault.
They changed their throttling/prioritizing system, not their fault.
NOTHING is their fault, just shut up and pay your bill!

There is no money in providing satellite internet.  The money comes from investors.  New revolutionary technology, and subscribers locked into an ironclad 2 year contract attracts investors.  Nobody cares if the subscribers are satisfied, or if the technology even works.

Viasat is not the god here, money is, and that religion is not on the internet, the home of that god is at its cathedral known as WALL ST !
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ya when something’s bad we just stop talking right?
Photo of Bob Lexus

Bob Lexus

• 329 Posts
  • 115 Reply Likes
"Viasat is not the god here, money is, and that religion is not on the internet, the home of that god is at its cathedral known as WALL ST !"

Bingo
Photo of lowkey

lowkey

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Bob Lexus that quote doesn’t explain why it’s so much more expensive than other services.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
Bob Lexus that quote doesn’t explain why it’s so much more expensive than other services.
But the cost of providing the service, combined with number of subscribers, and sprinkling of "no other choice", does.  
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
LMAO!   the reason its so expensive is LACK OF COMPETITION!  Hughes vs Viasat, who is faster?  Who offers more data?  NOBODY SAYS cheaper than the other guy!!  Just like everything else today from food to durable goods to cars, to services nobody strives to be "better' nobody strives for customer satisfaction.  Its all about PROFITS!  Whos numbers are in the black, whos stock is selling higher.  What "brand" you buy doesnt matter when the same 2 companies own them all!  Sick of Whirlpool?  Buy Kenmore, they make them too!  Sick of Kenmore buy Maytag ... they make them too!  MTD makes 90% of the lawn equipment on the market today, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy Bilt, that is WALL ST!  That is LACK  OF COMPETITION!

Say what you will about the "robber barons" of yesteryear, but millions, if not billions got dumped back into the New York Central railroad to make it THE BEST!  Millions if not billions got dumped back into Standard Oil TO MAKE IT THE BEST!  Today, they dont care.  Profits and stock values.  If the competition is kicking your butt ... BUY THEM!

THE CUSTOMER DOESNT MATTER!  
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1443 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
MTD does not make Husqvarna. They have a few lower tiered lawn care brands. Serious lawn care professionals would not use MTD products.

As far as lack of competition, I agree with you, but that is often the case with services that are typically classified as.utilities.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
Last I saw it said Weed Eater Poulan, now part of the Husqvarna Group, a 2006 spin off of Electrolux, manufactured 2 cycle equipment for MTD brands, and MTD in return manufactured tractors for them.  Now it says they manufacture their own.

Its Wall St.  I cant keep up!   Craftsman were manufactured by Murray, now they are manufactured by Husqvarna Group and Murray was bought by MTD,  Craftsman was bought by Stanley Black&Decker, and now Stanley Black&Decker has bought MTD!!!

WALL STREET !!!  UGGGG!   Everything is a paper shuffle to either make money or hide money.  Nobody really knows who owns who, or as conspiracy theorists believe a very small select group owns it all!
Photo of fmj77

fmj77

• 893 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I prefer Snapper products for lawn care. In fact, every Snapper product I've bought outlasts everything else.
Photo of Ron Frank

Ron Frank

• 320 Posts
  • 204 Reply Likes
7 years here and Im on mower 8.  Yea I buy used, BRAND NAME!  Wheelhorse, Cub Cadet, Case, my yard is so hilly and my grass so thick and unruly it tears them up.

Neighbor bought new and got maybe 1 or 2 seasons UNTIL he bought a Deere, not a box store Deere a used GX 255 his brother bought new.  5 years before he moved and still going at his new place with a "real" lawn.

My current ride is a Cub Cadet "custom" I built from pieces stolen from the 5 blown up ones I have here.  Baling wire, duct tape, Gorilla glue, welds, you name it and THAT one just keeps going!  Oversized tires and wheels, oversized deck on the smallest (12.5 HP) motor they offered on that model.  I just want it to last until I can get the (used) Deere I want, but they run $3,000.
Photo of ExSatUser

ExSatUser

• 1443 Posts
  • 852 Reply Likes
Unless you buy a commercial mower (Deere's from dealers are at that level...and way overpriced), you can go through a lot of mowers. I run a commercial mower for about 15 years now no issue.

We are almost back to tractor talk!!!
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
My folks bought a Cub Cadet.  One of the rear wheel seals had to be replaced just inside the three year warranty.  It's not a bad tractor, but it's not built very solidly.  It's an XT1 46".  

Their prior mower was a John Deere.  Sixteen years old and the thing was still running like a top.  They had to replace it because the mower deck, and the front cover, were on their last leg, so to speak, and neither had replacements available.  That thing was built like a tank, and it had REAL gears, not that hydrostatic nonsense that weakens over time.  
(Edited)
Photo of Nathan Hart

Nathan Hart

• 439 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
I’m on year 4 with my Cub XT1 42”. The mower has been flawless. Even on the original battery still. I have a very rough yard on a side of a mountain and constantly hit large quartz crystals and above ground roots. Haven’t even changed blades yet. The 2015 redesign to XT from the old LT series is a major improvement.
Photo of GabeU

GabeU, Champion

• 2165 Posts
  • 1330 Reply Likes
Unfortunately, because the pedals are very different than they were on the John Deere, my stepfather accidentally ran into a telephone pole in the front yard.  He got close and went to step on the brake, or what on the John Deere is the brake/clutch pedal, but it's the gas pedal on the Cub Cadet.  It takes a while to get unused to something you used for 16 years.  Kind of like going from a 10 speed bike to a motorcycle.  The brake lever on the right handle doesn't brake the back wheel!  LOL.  

He hit it with the right tire, causing the tire to slap sideways and the steering arm to bend, but it hit so hard it caused the steering arm on the left wheel to bend, as well, as it turned the left wheel in the same direction, and violently.  So the right arm smushed, and the left arm straightened.  To be honest, I'm surprised it didn't break the steering gear, as well.   

The two arms were a lot cheaper than I thought the would be, at just under $20 each, and they were easy to replace.

Other than the steering being a little flimsy in comparison to the John Deere, whose front wheel mounts were cast iron and the steering arms short and thick, the tractor isn't bad.  It's got more power and it's faster.  And though I'd much rather have a geared transmission, the hyrdostatic transmission is convenient and easy.  I've just seen too many of them weaken terribly over time, so I don't care for them, overall.  I do realize that they've gotten better, though.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.