Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 208
Photo of Darrell Wisz
Data usage
My proposal is to share the details of the data that was used. I'm an extremley low data user, but yet I max out every month without any...
  • 3 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of yourguytim
Reposting this due to it being taken down.
I posted this image last night. I guess it was taken down. I basically said the following: Throttle me all you want Viasat, but y...
  • 4 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of James B Bunt
Data notification pages
this website keeps popping up and it stops my Internet altogetherhttp://notice.exede.net/dap-redirect.... stop sending this to my IP addr...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Kent Spicer
Speeds less than 10kbps
Speeds horrible used speed test to check and It would barely load results horrible 4kbps download and 0 upload
  • 3 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Sharon Penprase
Never Ending Issue with Exede Requesting Money From Us...
Reference “Refund Ticket” number of 23652681. If someone from Exede can get their stuff together and figure out how to tell their system ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Nancy CC Smith
Exede and their customer service are Awesome!
I was with the big cable company for internet for decades and moved to the country where they don't do service. We searched for a satell...
  • 2 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
  • Archived
Photo of Rique
Beam 321 - still not showing new plans
When checking available plans this eve, for a brief few minutes, there was something new displayed !!! No - not new plans... but for a...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Micheal Rainwater
why does my Internet turn itself off frequently
lately my connection will be working just fine and the weather will be clear and bright outside but the signal (even before I use all my ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Dawn Kopman Whidden
Unhappy with modem situation
INsanity... YOU HAVE TO USE their modem. If it has a problem, or your Satellite isn't working and they can't fix it over the phone you ha...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of xode0000
Warning!: a brand new malware attack took a swipe at my browser (but failed).
I did a google search for a product and when I went to one of its search results, the website there created a number of popup windows, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of r porea
Data cap is too low
I am at a loss for what to do here, I have the lowest plan you offer, because I can't afford any higher. Within 2 days I have reached my...
  • 4 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Ronald Stricklin
Viasat 2 is out of Beta
Viasat 2 is out of beta and service ready with deployment starting this week region by region with national coverage by the end of the mo...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nathan
net neutrality and the FCC and of course Exede.
I WANT TO EMPHASIZE I AM HERE TO PROMOTE DISCUSSION BETWEEN MYSELF AND EXEDE EMPLOYEES BECAUSE I WISH TO FIND OUT WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS R...
  • 2 me toos
  • 17 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Sergio Davila
Can I change my IP?
Long story short my wife got banned from a really sleazy website. The website owner threatened to use our IP in a DDoS type attack and as...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Old Labs (VS1-329-L12FZ)
ViaSat-2 Launch Date
For those asking... http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/sd-fi-viasat-launch-20170209-story.html
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Jerry Patenaude
Hello everyone :
Slow Internet even at off hours I want to run a VPN and it almost stops downloads! I thank that Via Sat should keep customers that alrea...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Tara Holliefield
Horrible Experiences from the 1st day!
So my husband and I signed up for Direct Tv, we were not told that Viasat would be our internet provider, we assumed att. But we were out...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of xode0000
Satellite internet can work just fine during heavy rain.
Moderate to heavy rain here for hours so far and I have service as usual, no problem.  Of course, the modem shows a little bit of struggl...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Daniel Ulery
Wildblue customers out of luck?
Longtime Wildblue pro plan customer here. My speeds were restricted Nov. 5th. I think it was either due to a large Windows update or my n...
  • 1 me too
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lloyd A Dotson Sr
Too much data being used!
Why is my modem constantly blinking the up light? It is using data when I'm not even at home. I never used over 5 gigs with Hughes Net b...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged