Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 60
Photo of Chuck
What's your actual speed?
So I figured I'd start a current thread (for bronze, silver and gold unlimited users) who can post what your actually getting. Please u...
  • 2 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of steve heller
Download speed fine, upload very slow
I'm getting Download :: 14.2 Mbps 1.8 MB/s,  Upload :: 725 kbps. I have a silver plan and have used less than half of my data. Is th...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Viasat Tech
Unlimited
I was told on September the 28th Exede will be offering Unlimited in my area on beam 329 we just got the Freedom 150gb a month back is th...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Shana Reeves
Crap service, being told i was lying, about done
Anyone else have Viastat satellite internet? Paying nearly $70 a month for poor SERVICE. You call them, do a speed test, which is slo...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of An0nG33k
My experience (Viasat-2, 50mbps)
The installer came out today and upgraded my dish, he also had to move it a good 70-90 degrees from where it was originally pointing. He ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of John Postizzi
This Outage Is Causing Some Nerves to Fray
Times like this bring out the best and worst in people. Just imagine how it was and is for the poor people in Puerto Rico. Some still don...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of chris
Host servers on your satellite
Fortnite is to laggy with 600ms latency. Cut it in half by hosting servers up there so I can be happy. I don't want to hear excuses.
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of wm4bama
Memories of the early days of home computers
1978, the early days of computers for home use, and CP/M was king but MSDOS was being developed and BBS's were the forerunners of the Int...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Praise
Photo of gm92066
Anyone else get the "Invitation To Upgrade " email?
Pretty hilarious. Even if they were giving it away for free, there is no way I would commit to another 24 month agreement with this sorry...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Michael McDowell
Plans for 46936
These just dropped this morning.  I tried to call my local dealer but just got voicemail.  Anyone know if these are on Viasat-2?  Area ha...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of James Billinger
Got Viasat Platinum plan
Today I had my dealer came out and install new dish and modem had a little hiccup  but everything went smoothly. I went for the 100 Mbps ...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Matt
FCC authorizes Elon Musk's SpaceX to provide broadband satellite services
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/fcc-authorizes-elon-musks-spacex-to-provide-broadband-satellite-serv... Competition is always good.
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Lizzie
Viasat-2 has begun beta service; announces commercial service launch in February
Great news! ViaSat-2 has entered beta service, with commercial services slated to launch in early February.  I know everyone here is itc...
  • 3 me toos
  • 25 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Brian Shackelford
Idea: Create a Status Page for Users to Display Beam Congestion in Real Time
In order to save many, many phone calls to Exceed when service is slow, why not create a real-time or near real-time status page for Exed...
  • 2 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Lizzie
WiFi Fridays: How ViaSat-2 fills the gaps in the digital divide
Hi everyone,  We have a new blog up about ViaSat-2 bringing faster internet service to underserved rural areas.  Many rural Americans st...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Article
Photo of Jim16
new plans on my beam today
No speed boost or Wi-F- modem.  Priority data at 40, 60, and 100 gigs.  But there still is a Liberty Plan.
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Layne Pullins
Unlimited Gold 12 actual speeds after 100gb?
I'm thinking of going from my current Freedom 150 plan to the Unlimited Gold 12 but was wondering what the real world speed would be afte...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Barry Stubbs
Great Plans for New Customers...NOT for Existing Customers!
I saw on Facebook yesterday that ViaSat was offering these new, amazing unlimited plans with higher speeds.  I went to the ViaSat website...
  • 7 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Nathan Hart
Only 14 beams active on VS2
Again I ask, what is the delay? Only 14 beams active and no explanations. The PR keeps flowing saying VS2 is now nationally available. I...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of VeteranSatUser
How popular have the unlimited plans been?
Just wondering what the reception to the unlimited plans have been. I know when Freedom got offered they got scooped up pretty quick, bu...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered