Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 54
Photo of Archie Martin
Inaccurate usage statement
I paid my bill 6/12 but you say I've already used 70% of my 10Gb in less than 4 days. Since I have never exceded my monthly allotment, I...
  • 6 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Sfordt
Speed issues. Congestion?
Too slow can not continue like this.
  • 3 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
  • Archived
Photo of Peggy Jordan Gilmore Pierce
running out of gigabytes
exede is awful. You get charged $60 a month and cannot use it to watch movies, videos and almost don't have enough to get email or check ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Roy Daniel
Data restriction after buying an extra gig
My usage is at 10.1 gigs and I have 10 gigs on my plan and bought a gig yesterday so WHY am I experiencing data restriction???
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Jacqueline Tierney
Netflix downloads
We are not big uses of Netflix especially since we moved into an area not served by wireless broadband like we had at our prior house, ho...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Barbara Coleman
Can you use Netflix with Exede or subscribe to a tv channel such as cbs?
  • 2 me toos
  • 24 replies
  • Question
  • Archived
Photo of Leann Clark
Why was exede running slowly?
why was exede slowed down about three hours ago when i have only used 2.4 gb of my 10 gb plan also i was wondering why yesterday it said ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Matthew
Has the exede evolution data limit been increased?
I noticed that people on the forum and elsewhere are saying they got an email that the exede evolution plan had been increased to 10gb. I...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of LOIS LAND
I can't get into my email. I did "accept" the user agreement and can't get any further
What happened to my email? Can't get to it. Msg said "lack of activity" Are you kidding?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jonny
Service problems
I am a recent new home buyer to an extreme on-the-rise community. Upon search of a new internet provider, I mistakenly went with Exede. I...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Archived
Photo of Elaine
Why can't I get unlimited data?
I am paying the max at 12-25 and already at 80%  have 21 days left in billing cycle.. You have me at your mercy because you are the only ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Vince
How in the world is it a real contract
So when I never was presented with a contract to sign, only sent one as an email attachment to look at, which I didn't even do, with a me...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of chuck
Extensive bandwidth usage
I'm only ten days in to my billing cycle on a 15gb plan and my usage is showing over 90% used? I have been on this plan for several years...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Dell Fran
Data loss?
What's really happeniing?? We apparently used up 5.2gb in two and a half hours. There was no video streaming and were told by exede it w...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Barbara Lueder
Service issues with data, speed
Have had Exede for exactly a year.  At first, it was pretty good.  Now we are constantly over on data (nothing has changed) and the speed...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
Photo of wildcats198308
I was looking into getting Exede internet...
Does Exede have a usage meter that you can download and have in the taskbar to keep a close eye on remaining usage?
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Clinton Morgan
what is my up load speed
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Allen Barbero
Bill from previous plan is still being deducted from our account as well as the upgraded plan bill.
The old bill came out on the first the upgrade bill is due to come out on the 12thor so, Last month you reimbursed our account for the ol...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Jessica Edwards
I know its free at 12 to 5 but does that mean the same time all around the world
well sometimes it cost me data when i get on the internet at 12 to 5
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
Photo of Carin Schultz
how do I know which plan I am on? I know it's 12mbs 10GB, but what are my "free" hours?
I am now at 72% with 7 days to go. Normally I end out the month with at the most using only 5 GB out of 10. Would really like to know whe...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question