Conversations

Photo of Richard
New Exede WiFi Modem Speed Is Very Slow
I received the new Exede wifi modem on the 20th and for 3 1/2 days my download speed has been well below the speed of my old modem.  I ha...
  • 6 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Alex
Some cool news about our future satellites
ViaSat Unveils First Global Broadband Communications Platform to Deliver Affordable, High-Speed Internet Connectivity and Video Streaming...
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Article
Photo of April Hamilton
Unhappy with service
My experience with Excede has been excruciating difficult and downright despicable for the amount of money they charge. Their satellite s...
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Jose Sanchez
What is included in first bill?
What is included in my first month bill? since its prorated, is it going to be less than recurring charges.  I just want to know how much...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kerri Betterman
I need a receipt for my payment
I changed the card used for billing and I need a receipt sent to me every month.
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Brian Shackelford
Experience with Liberty Pass on Beam 329
First off let me just say Merry Christmas to Everyone. Being that this is likely one of, if not the most heavily used times of the year ...
  • 1 me too
  • 93 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Robert Gerholdt
House fire
We just had a fire that destroyed most of our attic. The exede dish and eqipment are not damaged, but internet is not a priority for a wh...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Patty Vaughan
My internet seems to be "hitching" or "sticking"
Quite often I have to reload a page to get it to load, my pages stick and a kill box comes up, pictures don't load on some pages, I get D...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Bruce Vaisanen
Is anyone there?
23 days in a row. Service goes out in the early afternoon and doesn't return until late evening. Does anyone read these reports. I'm begi...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of David Christian
Slow speeds
Very slow speeds for months now, and I've had almost as much as I can take.  I've figured out what the problem is.  Exede has over sold  ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Eric Crenshaw
How much to cancel service?
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John
Unhappy with product
I have researched this, and with the terrible lack of stability of a dish, the flow restrictions imposed by Exede, and the serious overpr...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of Alex
Exede announces new plans for businesses
Businesses with one or multiple locations may be interested in our new lineup of Exede Business plans, which feature persistent IP addres...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Greg
Network Connection Down Periodically - For Only A Short Time
Ever since my initial installation (07/11/15), I have experienced short-term interruptions of my connectivity. This happens several times...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
  • Archived