Conversations

Photo of rekina smith
slow internet speeds
I have been having slow internet speed for more than two weeks now and finally got tired of it and talked to someone in customer care. T...
  • 11 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Jonny
Service problems
I am a recent new home buyer to an extreme on-the-rise community. Upon search of a new internet provider, I mistakenly went with Exede. I...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Archived
Photo of Iva
Unfair Practices
I am a Wildblue customer and have been since 2008.  I am going to cancel my service today.  When Wildblue changed over to Excede I was no...
  • 2 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
  • Archived
Photo of MKL
Service problems
I signed up as a new user in November. Service has been fine. Customer service has been horrific.  Verbatim, here is the email I sent to...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of JK
Customer service issues
I disconnected my service with this company prematurely due to very poor customer service as well as poor Internet Service. It was well w...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of Kelli
Trouble with service
Exede/ViaSat is the absolute WORST company I have EVER dealt with.  The actual internet service is horrible - extremely slow and you hit ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of Lori Bennett
Service trouble
I am so sick of this data monitoring and me supposedly going over my limit... And now tonight I can't even connect to the internet.... So...
  • 6 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived
Photo of donnie
Trouble with service
i have had more problems with this company than any other one. for some reason, we have not changed our ways of using the internet or o...
  • 5 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
  • Archived