Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 397
Photo of Mark Sheeler
Replacement Modem and Setup
I want to replace my Exede cable modem (it no longer works).  I know it is standard technology, but I need the setup instructions to conf...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mechele Mikki
Unlimited internet?
Is Unlimited still coming January? I was told it was and that is the only reason I joined this company.
  • 4 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jenny Lu Johnson
Slow speeds
I have spent hours on the phone with Exede, days of work downtime, (so, no pay!), and hundreds of dollars, for the "Liberty 50" package, ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Barbara Nelson
Delete credit card autpay
I would like to delete the credit card auto pay option that happened today and make my payment online myself.
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Lexter Zamora Ruiz
Service in Cuba?
  • 2 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jan Gyrion
Tired of the Spam!!!
I am considering filing a lawsuit due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my Wildblue email address. I have used the the sugge...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of roky
installer beyond 50 miles
when i apply online, i qualify for the freedom plan, so i'm interested -- and i would also get the easy-care plan for maintenance -- but ...
  • 1 me too
  • 17 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Annette Brown
Equipment upgrade
I visited with a ViaSat installer yesterday about my slow speeds and how amazingly fast I use my data allowance. He suggested I look int...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Kathleen Clevenger
What is Easy Care & why am I billed for it?
I open my statement email and it shows my account has paid approx. $13 more than my usual cost on my monthly bill. I go online to see the...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Old Labs
ViaSat-2 Launch Date
For those asking... http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/sd-fi-viasat-launch-20170209-story.html
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Idea
  • Planned
Photo of Katherine Sheridan
Wanting to disconnect
Come take your satellite down. You put the bolts in our shingles, not us. Your internet sucked from the first hour it was installed. We a...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Lawman
Exede Router
The Exede router adds $10.00/ month to the bill if you get it..If I change plans should I pay the extra $10.00 forever or should I purcha...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jonathan Moons
When does my month start?
I just signed up and realize data usage starts over each month, but is that the first of the calendar month or is it based on the day the...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Dr Lesliee Antonette
Hoping for better plans in my area
Exede could offer better plans for less cost. Simple and easy.
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of J Richards
free zone got taken away
Paid for 150gb with free zone from 3am to 6am as advertised a month ago. Now they say they dont offer and I dont have a free zone,
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Shana Neely
Customer Service and Installation Concerns
This is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with when it comes to taking care of customers. I didn't think AT&T could be beat......
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Dave Brooks
How do I check my upload and download speeds?
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kenneth Anderson
Spam issue
When will the Exede/Wildblue email SPAM and the shared Server with DirecTv blocked issue be repaired? I need my email back up. SPAM nee...
  • 3 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Bev
Cable Resistance
3 weeks ago, I had a service call and, my cable to my dish was replaces. Now that's 35 FT of cable. At the time, I had the SB2 modem. Res...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lynn Hughes
I am a wildblue customer http://help.exede.net/PublicKBHome?searchKeywordand I want to upgrade but there does not seem to be away to do that
I am a wildblue customer and have been for many many years but would like to upgrade and cant seem to do that
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered