Conversations

Photo of Angie Young
Trouble getting a Severvice Call
I'd like to know why I can't get a technician to come to my house and fix my internet it's been over two months each time I call I have a...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Kevin L Morris
poor service
Got my gegabites on the 24th and used 51% today is 25th what is up with this . I did a speed test my down load speed is .48 mb I can go ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Chris Roggentien
I would like to know on how my cycle started today and I have already used 3.6g of data with noone home
I am tired of not having any data after 3 days when cycle restarts, It says I have used 3.6g of data but no one has been home to use the ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Jason
Slow speed today
Why is the connection speed and customer service so terrible today (maybe lately)?
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of Christopher Wilson
Slow download
My download speed 1-2 Mbps should be 25
  • 2 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Richard Swanson
freedom 150 plan
if i have a freedom 150 plan with the 25 mps, will I be able to watch Netfix ( about 2 GB's per movie) , watch you tube videos , and str...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Abe Connally
System down
Modem cycles, won't go past network entry. I have power cycled many times, but it still just goes through everything until Network entry,...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Sue Claxton
HELP
I need to know how to contact wildblue by phone. Exede services my account when I call their number it says to contact original provider ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Pam Joynt
Can I set up a new Exede email account if I only have a regular cell phone, not one of the 4 shown on the site?
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Deku (The #1 Hero Data Saver)
I still LOVE my services :D Been able to play multiplayers on gaming consoles :D :3
Why hello there exede :3 id just like to say that im able to play onto my xbox one with the newest firmware for the xbox one. once when i...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of aerosick
Has Exede ever considered giving a rebate for monthly unused data?
This would keep us from changing our Plans so often for the months we need to use more data. Not doing a rollover, but giving a rebate fo...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Lisa-Kay Emfinger Moore
My internet is still not working
I have rest it and done all the things they said to do, and still not working
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Cathy Smith
new to exede as of 11/22
i finally have my own desktop at the age of 63. i'm new to exede as of 11/22. i have to find out if the slowness is due to my equipment o...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of TammyK
I upgraded to the 25 mbps 150 G I have to reset it EVERY DAY when call for help the Computer says I need to call a dealer and hangs up on me
I upgraded to the 25 mbps 150 G and it was the stupidest thing i have done! the service sucks! I have to re set it EVERY DAY! and when tr...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Rebecca Wisdom
can I see how many times I have Bought more data in the last year?
I am just wondering if it would be benificial to change my plan. if i can see how many times i have bought more data in the last year wou...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered