Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 79
Photo of Brad
New Beams Opening!
Hello Everyone! As most of you may already be aware, ViaSat-2 has been slowly releasing in new areas for the better part of the last m...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of George Ure
Low DL Speeds
I have been a long-term VS1 customer. It worked OK. Switched to VS2 and now I'm under 2 MB at all times except if I get up at 4 AM to 6 A...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Ed
Viasat formerly Exede is a RIP off
Horrible Customer Service, Lack of service. FRAUD
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Reiner Wilhelms-Tricarico
ViaSat policies about throttling are wrong
I recently got a ViaSat installation because that was apparently the only option to get internet where I moved. The contract was made on ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Jess J
Does anyone actually like their service??
I haven't had actual internet in probably 18 months or more now, since I moved to this location, I am unable to get any actual internet l...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Dontrellz Page
Internet too slow doing Liberty Pass
I hate doing the peak hours it’s get slow like this I hate slow internet connections and yes I ran out of data I’m on the Liberty 50 I ju...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of John Postizzi
This Outage Is Causing Some Nerves to Fray
Times like this bring out the best and worst in people. Just imagine how it was and is for the poor people in Puerto Rico. Some still don...
  • 4 me toos
  • 14 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Traci
Internet Outage 6/27
No internet
  • 34 me toos
  • 62 replies
  • Problem
  • Archived
Photo of Nathan Hart
My first VS2 issue. . .
I have encountered my first issue. And it happens every single time without fail. If signal is lost to a storm, the modem successfully...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Chaim Isaac Lipschitz
The Grass Is Not Greener on the Other Side of the Fence
Here is one example of a recent post on the Hughesnet forum. Customer satisfaction at Hughesnet seems to about the same as at Viasat. Con...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Paul Billiat
Congress has done away with Net Neutrality, I’ve noticed a real slowing of the download speeds. Anyone else?.
Well, now that Trump and this Congress has done away with Net Neutrality, I’ve noticed a real slowing of the download speeds. Has anyone ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of MEM
Download Schedulers
Up until now, I have not taken advantage of the LNFZ on the Liberty 12 plan. My data cap is 12gb per month before throttling. What ...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Nathan Hart
What kind of credit check for new customers?
Is the credit check performed for a new customer considered a soft or hard pull? In other words will the credit check show up as an inqui...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Nathan Hart
VS2 Installed today!
My VS2 high density beam install is done! I was given VIP status which I’m told is typically reserved for employees. Basically there were...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Praise
Photo of MEM
We Have Come a Long Way
Satellite internet first became available to me during December 2001. It was download only. I still needed a dial up connection to uplo...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of VeteranSatUser
Hughesnet plans out performing Viasat in my location
So at my location I can get Viasat unlimited for $200/month. That gets me up to 12Mbps and 65GB priority. Hughesnet gives me unlimited...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lighting God
Checking with lawyer
Checking with lawyer to get out of contract. Since Viasat can't deliver the speed they promised me when they conned my into getting this ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of fish4bills
Signal extender
Is there a simple way to extend signal?  I can't walk far from the router without losing the signal.
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of MEM
Does anyone know how many residential customers subscribe to Viasat?
There are 12,789 members of this forum, according to the forum first page. Has anyone read or know the total number of residential sub...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Shana Reeves
Crap service, being told i was lying, about done
Anyone else have Viastat satellite internet? Paying nearly $70 a month for poor SERVICE. You call them, do a speed test, which is slo...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress