Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 419
Photo of Brian
This should have been out first experience!
So if i'm going to judge what my experience will be over the next two years on todays interaction with customer service then my family an...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
Photo of jesse
Unlimited silver is not unlimited!!!
Was wondering why my internet was running slow until I read the fine print saying when you exceed 150 on the UNLIMITED Silver plan, they...
  • 3 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Forrest
Lost signal
Signal dropped out Thursday afternoon. My installer never installed my dish correctly 4 years ago and over the years, the pole has moved....
  • 3 me toos
  • 29 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Thomas Bruce
Paying installer for pole mount?
My question: We had Viasat installed yesterday. When the installatiin tech came he said we needed a pole mount. I asked if I could just ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Mary Booker
SLOW Streaming, Unable to watch movies on Netflix, Hulu or YouTube
Streaming is way too slow! Can't stream Netflix, Hulu or YouTube without it buffering every few seconds! Even using the internet for che...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Deku
IF YOU GUYS WANTED ME TO BE GONE FROM THE VIASAT FORUMS... THEN YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!!! NOW GOOD DAY!!! SCREENSHOT IS PROVIDED!!!
AS YOU CAN TELL... THERE ARE 2 PEOPLES USERNAME CHANGED TO DEKU!!! BUT YET... IF YOU LOOK CLOSER... THEY HAVE SOMETHING INTO THE USERNA...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
Photo of christopher bowman
no service since last bill pay. app says poor connection because of weather and is sunny and hot clear sky
no service since last bill pay. app says poor connection because of weather and is sunny and hot clear sky. only get 27.5 kbps often. not...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Mick Dietze
Extremely Slow speed, Running at 1.5mbps This is not much faster then dial up speed! :(
Extremely Slow speed 
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of M.E.M.
Why am I getting this notice?
I just got this notice in my browser. This notice says I have used up all mt data and it is from Dish. I do not have Dish nor do I have ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jacob Harville
Unhappy with service
All I saw was "Affordable high speed broadband internet with speeds up to 25mbps." That's the biggest flat out lie to begin with, it's mo...
  • 9 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Reiner Wilhelms-Tricarico
ViaSat policies about throttling are wrong
I recently got a ViaSat installation because that was apparently the only option to get internet where I moved. The contract was made on ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Deku
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY GUYS!!! ALSO!!! SOME TIPS OF HOW TO BE PREPARED OF TONIGHTS SPEEDS!!!
JIYA GUYS!!! >:3 this is deku here!!! all mights next person to inherit all mights one for all!!! so therefore i can become the next symb...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jordan
Question for forum member Judge and Jury about Times Microwave LMR 600-75 cable
Hey, I couldn't figure out how to send a PM to someone one here if it's even possible so I just decided to create a new post. Anyways, ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of MEM
Comments from a Long Time User
I started this service when it was Wildblue in August of 2009. I am still with these people because I have no other alternative. Wildblue...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of John-David Lee Riopel
Why is my modem status page all in Arabic?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of n41gt .
Deterioration of service in West Texas
I am on the Liberty 12 program.  Two days ago, my service deteriorated to the point where it was essentially useless.  After an hour on t...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Cindy
VIrus protection extra needed
Now that I am using the VIASAT web browser, do I need to buy and install an antivirus too?
  • 1 me too
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Rique
Mysterious usage jump
I check my usage daily and I also check available plans daily. The point is, I am checking every day (unless traveling for business or pl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Maxwell Pearl
New Plans: Does this make any sense?
So out of curiosity, I decided to have a look at my available plans, to see if there were any Viasat-2 plans available to me. And here is...
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jan Gyrion
Tired of the Spam!!!
I am considering filing a lawsuit due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my Wildblue email address. I have used the the sugge...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered