Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 408
Photo of MEM
Comments from a Long Time User
I started this service when it was Wildblue in August of 2009. I am still with these people because I have no other alternative. Wildblue...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of John-David Lee Riopel
Why is my modem status page all in Arabic?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of n41gt .
Deterioration of service in West Texas
I am on the Liberty 12 program.  Two days ago, my service deteriorated to the point where it was essentially useless.  After an hour on t...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Cindy
VIrus protection extra needed
Now that I am using the VIASAT web browser, do I need to buy and install an antivirus too?
  • 1 me too
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of jesse
Unlimited silver is not unlimited!!!
Was wondering why my internet was running slow until I read the fine print saying when you exceed 150 on the UNLIMITED Silver plan, they...
  • 2 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Rique
Mysterious usage jump
I check my usage daily and I also check available plans daily. The point is, I am checking every day (unless traveling for business or pl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Maxwell Pearl
New Plans: Does this make any sense?
So out of curiosity, I decided to have a look at my available plans, to see if there were any Viasat-2 plans available to me. And here is...
  • 3 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Jan Gyrion
Tired of the Spam!!!
I am considering filing a lawsuit due to the tremendous amount of spam I receive on my Wildblue email address. I have used the the sugge...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mark
low on memory
Went to modem page and in client side proxy in red letters, low on memory, is there. What does that mean? Surfbeam 2 modem.
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve Frederick
A message for those using a Belkin router
If you are using a Belkin router, see this link for information. http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Belkin-Routers-Everywhere-Choke-on-th...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem
Photo of Heidi Johnson
internet connectivity
Last week there was a wind storm in Ohio and I lost connection. I tried for several days to reboot with no luck. I then called the inte...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Wayne
with internet this slow, I'll never get a chance to use all my data!
Why is my internet speed so slow? I have a 1.3Mbps upload speed and a 2.3 Mbps download speed. My outlook email is showing my internet ...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Patty Vaughan
Viasat & Exede have me blocked on Facebook! I can't ask questions or complain anymore. Is anyone else blocked?
I am not getting the service I pay for so I used to write and complain about it. Now they have me blocked on Facebook. I can no longer se...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Teri Unruh
Every email I have sent this afternoon (3-5-18) has been bounced to me as spam. I am not sending spam of any kind. Please explain why.
every email I have sent today has been returned to me with the indication of spam content. I have sent hundreds of emails with very sim...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Alan Werhan
Feeling run around and overcharged
Our account # is (removed) and we currently have the 25GB plan.We got emails each month saying we were close to ,or used 100% of our allo...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Jacob Harville
Unhappy with service
All I saw was "Affordable high speed broadband internet with speeds up to 25mbps." That's the biggest flat out lie to begin with, it's mo...
  • 7 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Katrina Powell
Beyond frustrated!
Wow. I dont think your customer service reps actually LISTEN when you talk to them. I am so frustrated with your company. Generally, your...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Will Langley
The damned background music
Exede has raised my rates.  Exede has hung up on me on the phone.  Exede is the slowest internet imaginable, even slower than dial-up at ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Norman Hall
speeds are not what i am paying for way to slow
just checked my speed i have viasat and i am getting 11 megs download and 3.25 upload. i am paying for the unlimted gold, with 720 ppi fo...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Rudy Barnes
Need Explanation ASAP or will terminate on March 8
This morning I sought help on an issue of usage, but the automated voice at your help number indicated that your records indicate that I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged