Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 393
Photo of Wyngs
Data Usage
Wow! I typically use about 50% of my monthly data (20GB). It reboots on the 12th of the month. Two days (23rd) ago I had used about 20% ...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Brad
Tips To Help You Manage Your Data
In today’s fast paced world, streaming is becoming a very attractive alternative to traditional cable and satellite plans. As more exclu...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Article
Photo of Ruth Nielsen
slow speeds and no help from customer support
Getting slow speeds and customer support no help all they can say is the network is congested I am not paying for slow speeds.  
  • 3 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of VeteranSatUser
Why do some locations need a street address now?
So we all know you can go to the Viasat website and put in a zip code to see what plans are available. Now when I do that for my zip cod...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Lizzie
New Viasat Internet Mobile App Feature
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let those of you with WiFi modems (so if you're using the Viasat/Exede WiFi Modem or the Viasat WiFi Gateway...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Article
Photo of James Billinger
Got Viasat Platinum plan
Today I had my dealer came out and install new dish and modem had a little hiccup  but everything went smoothly. I went for the 100 Mbps ...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Troy Carter
Praise
Glad to note that the issue of slow speed has been resolved. Did exactly what Brad suggested by emailing viasatlistens@viasat.com and rea...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Brad
New Beams Opening!
Hello Everyone! As most of you may already be aware, ViaSat-2 has been slowly releasing in new areas for the better part of the last m...
  • 3 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Rique
Mysterious usage jump
I check my usage daily and I also check available plans daily. The point is, I am checking every day (unless traveling for business or pl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of BBwithdrawls
Feed back from the 3-4 that got Vsat2 plans ?
I have seen very little feedback from the 3 or 4 that got the Vsat 2 plans 50 and 100 Mg , any news ?
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Stephen Rice
What's your favorite 80's movie?
What's your favorite 80's movie? Ferris Bueller's day off is pretty much the greatest movie of all time, but I pretty much like anyt...
  • 1 me too
  • 26 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Rique
Beam 321 - still not showing new plans
When checking available plans this eve, for a brief few minutes, there was something new displayed !!! No - not new plans... but for a...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of VeteranSatUser
Dismal primetime speeds continue
Just giving an update.9:30pm on Tuesday the 10th.  Nothing has changed.Download :: 205 kbps Now Sunday during the day, I was pulling abo...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Judge and Jury
Buy stock in Viasat
Now that Net Neutrality is dissolved...                                                                                            There ...
  • 1 me too
  • 26 replies
  • Idea
  • Not Planned
Photo of Derrell Day
Upgraded to Silver plan from Bronze because of slow speeds (1-2 Mb). Now only .44 Mb...:-(
Started with the Bronze Plan which was OK to begin with...and then all I watched was the circle going around. Typical speeds on the 15 Mb...
  • 1 me too
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of VeteranSatUser
Speeds continue to deteriorate
Just wondering what others are seeing this evening. Satuday, April 7at at 10:30pm.  Still way under priority data.Download :: 292 kbps wi...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Question
Photo of Shannon Williams
read all execede customers
Data De-Prioritization – The Back of the Line With data de-prioritization, the carrier isn’t limiting the customer’s data. Instead, the c...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of hollye
New unlimited plan and EXTREMELY slow speeds
I just upgraded to the new unlimited plan. I'm paying for speeds that are supposed to be up to 25 mbps. Since I hooked up the new modem...
  • 3 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Colton
Should I switch
Hello all, Here is my problem. The only internet I have available is 1.5 mbps DSL service from AT&T. Now, I stumbled upon Exede's we...
  • 2 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Clay Lockard
Anyone else experiencing extremely low speeds as soon as you exceed your data usage? I am on silver plan. but have been reduced to .11mbs
Anyone else experiencing extremely low speeds as soon as you exceed your data usage? I just recently joined as a silver plan, exceeded ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged