Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 440
Photo of Ethan Farrell
Congestion much?
Hey ViaSat, I think you're a bit over congested. Do something about these speeds!
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Greg Ritz
Question: How is Viasat2 rollout going for NW Ohio area?
My beam is very congested. I have Freedom Plan which is good in theory if I had any speed in the evening. I have been holding on for the ...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Brad
New Beams Opening!
Hello Everyone! As most of you may already be aware, ViaSat-2 has been slowly releasing in new areas for the better part of the last m...
  • 3 me toos
  • 20 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of Wyngs
Data Usage
Wow! I typically use about 50% of my monthly data (20GB). It reboots on the 12th of the month. Two days (23rd) ago I had used about 20% ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Jacob Harville
Unhappy with service
All I saw was "Affordable high speed broadband internet with speeds up to 25mbps." That's the biggest flat out lie to begin with, it's mo...
  • 8 me toos
  • 11 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of RogerH
Can no longer recommend viasat due to inconsistent performance and slow speed
I have been a subscriber for the past 2 or 3 years and up until about a month ago was satisfied with the performance, however there times...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Alex
How's the Viasat Sparrow browser working for you?
Many of you have been trying our new, super-fast "Sparrow" browser in our ongoing beta test. As we work to make it even better, we'd love...
  • 1 me too
  • 30 replies
  • Article
Photo of An0nG33k
My experience (Viasat-2, 50mbps)
The installer came out today and upgraded my dish, he also had to move it a good 70-90 degrees from where it was originally pointing. He ...
  • 5 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Kyle
Test Trial of Unlimited Gold Plan Before Signing 2 Year Contract
The only way I'm willing to upgrade to the unlimited gold plan and pay $150 - $200 a month is if it will provide sufficient speed and dat...
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of James Billinger
dish or directv
Which do you like best Dish or Directv? and why do like it?  I am thinking getting sat tv. 
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Stephanie F
Up to 25 Mbps!!!
Anyone pay for "up to 25 Mbps" and consistently get less than 1Mbps even before the 60 gig limit is reached?
  • 4 me toos
  • 21 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Becky D. Fletcher
I need my wifi password and have been trying to get it for 3 days. Please help i am a bit frazzled
PLEASE help I have been effing with this and need it solved! If you solve this I will send you a cookie
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mike
V2 Modem update last night?
So, I'm away from home... and I lost connectivity with my house at 2:45am EDT this morning (7/3/18).  Can anyone tell me (So I don't worr...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of joliena vernor
My internet is still down and when it does come up it is so slow you can’t use it.
No internet for last 2 days When I do get a connection it’s so slow you can not use it to do anything. I’ve called customer service but...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Stephen Rice
30 Days of heartwarming Viasat facts
As a retort to the vile and petty lies that we, the benevolent and caring customers of Viasat have endured, I have decided to fight fake ...
  • 4 me toos
  • 37 replies
  • Praise
Photo of VeteranSatUser
An all time new low speed for me has been reached!
9:00pm on Tuesday, the 22nd....Download :: 38 kbps
  • 2 me toos
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Mark Macomber
I'm only getting .3mbs download. This just started recently. I have the 150 G plan. WTF?
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of Solar Andy
Exede's new modem/router
Recently switched to exede's unlimited plan mainly cause it was cheaper than the 150 but I'm really not liking their router. So come to ...
  • 1 me too
  • 14 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Sharon Penprase
Never Ending Issue with Exede Requesting Money From Us...
Reference “Refund Ticket” number of 23652681. If someone from Exede can get their stuff together and figure out how to tell their system ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Bev
Video control has a problem
Yes, I am out of Priority data, it's 11 PM so yes still peak hours, I get that but, this is ridiculous even for those conditions. 21 kbps...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem