Conversations

Conversations 121 - 140 of 1848
Photo of Debbie Magee
please help
I have my billl automatically withdrawn from my acct monthly so therefore I didn't keep up with my acct number and I want to be able to a...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of redave
Customer service
We've been with Exede for a long time,   6 years +.  The exede staff who help out here have been great,   but when you have to call in   ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Brenda Monette
Viasat
I have had this service for at least 16 years. I can't wait to get another company. They have been milking me dry for years. I pay $109 p...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Ron Taylor
sucks
NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, I am returning your unit it seems to be way behind, on technology, Your customer care is the worst, Service rep nev...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Ron Taylor
Bad care
NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, I am returning your unit it seems to be way behind, on technology, Your customer care is the worst, Service rep nev...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Viacrap
How does conjestion work?.
I’ve gotten 1 story on how conjestion works. It was that the people not on priority are given slower internet so that people on priority ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Brian
System status
Is it me or them? Is the system up and running or my equipment malfunctioning? Central Virginia is my location.
  • 3 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Problem
Photo of coni Fields
Code 10
I have to keep reconnecting each time I want to watch a movie and now it says tell ISP Code 010
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Problem