Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 27
Photo of mferner
Question about viasat1
How many customers will have to leave my beam on viasat 1 in order for me not to be throttled after 150gb below 1mbps in the evening time...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Ben Jumper
PRAISE (maybe) and 2 questions
1. Would you consider it normal to take 45 min to UPload a 172GB video to YouTube? 2. The big problem is that I cannot ...
  • 1 me too
  • 15 replies
  • Praise
Photo of steve heller
Is it possible to turn off the wifi?
I don't want or need wifi in my house. Can I turn off the wifi on the Exede router, and if so, how?
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Judge and Jury
How to abort the "Loading Data..." at my.exede.net?
      The thing NEVER finishes.  It's been bad for months and now I'm finally tired of it.  I want to be able to cancel it but it has foc...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Kyle
Notifications for new data plans?
Is there any way I can be notified when new data plans are available? Especially plans for the Viasat 2? When will we know the details fo...
  • 2 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • In Progress
Photo of Rique
Unlimited pricing policy
Hello Team Exede and Exede Community, First off, it's good to see that unlimited plans are rolling out - and it is totally understandabl...
  • 2 me toos
  • 9 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Spinninghorse
Beam 329 Unlimited - well, not really
On Beam 329 (VA), the first 'unlimited' plan has shown up. The Freedom Plans have been removed for existing customers. In looking at the ...
  • 1 me too
  • 29 replies
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of hook wanderer
Finally sick and tired of waiting for viasat 2
I've been waiting years for viasat 2. THe last promise was late summer. Now it's "sometime" in 2018. I give up. Presently I'm looking in...
  • 2 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of David Morrison
Data usage
I checked our data on Tues evening. There was 6 gig left. Now I have nothing!!  Any idesa Excede?
  • 3 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of curtis-m
Current HughesNet customer
I am a current HughesNet customer and since my install in May I cannot get much faster than 2Mbps download speeds. It takes 30+ seconds t...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Photo of Charles Stainton
is there any way to block a computer, laptop or cellphone. thanks
i have 2 wireless internet providers. Exede is for the entire family and the other is for one specific family member. i want to block the...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Pawnee County
Thinking of going to Exede after HughesNet contract in January
My 2 year contract with HughesNet is up in January.  I saw I could get twice the anytime data on Exede for the same price.  I haven't mad...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of nomorehughes
Just dumped HughesNet for Exede
After over 10 years with HughesNet, I finally had enough and dumped them.  The problems were legion, but mainly the poor technical suppor...
  • 2 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
  • Archived
Photo of Terry Hendrix
Question about cancellation charges
I called and cancelled when they said so the date would be right before the next month charge, then they still charged me the next month...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Babs
Bring back EVOLUTION 15 GB plan!
Bring back the EVOLUTION 15 GB plan!! Email & unlimited web access is great; don't mind the free usage time of 3am - 8 am ---- but 5 GB...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Idea
  • Under Consideration
Photo of Lynn
Data meter improvements
. we seem to always be running out of data before our cycle. I hate the way they say watch your data usage. And all they give to show how...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Idea
  • Implemented
Photo of Sandy
Data use and the bill
I am now in the after 6 months phase of service. I keep being notified that I am exceeding my data. Is this going to happen every month n...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Problem
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Piet Gulden
No service during peak!
When I first switched to Exede I was assured they would not oversell an area but now I might as well have dial up during peak times and m...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Problem
Photo of Debby Dees Gabilondo
Does anyone have an issue with the new email format?
I used to have Direct TV, in my new location, I can't get a signal due to enormous palm trees outside.....but nether the less, I am not i...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Lloyd Singer
Is Exede considered WiFi?
We're an Exede subscriber. Is it considered WiFi or is it a wired system. We have two desktop PC's running Win7. They are connected to a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question